Thank you to Mark Katz ’79, Cynthia Hogan ’79 and Andy Klingenstein P’12 and Mark’s team at Arent Fox for hosting a fabulous event Thursday evening.
Extend your connection to Oberlin and LaunchU by:
- Applying to Participate in the January 2015 LaunchU Venture Accelerator and Pitch Competition. Apply Here!
- Attending the final Pitches and Awards Ceremony in Oberlin on January 31, or watching our live stream online. RSVP Here.
- Serving as an advisor or judge for LaunchU 2015 – in Oberlin or Remotely. Contact Us for details.
- Evaluating current & past LaunchU Ventures for potential investment. Contact Us for details.
- Hosting an Oberlin student intern in the summer of 2015. Funding is available for high quality projects and students with demonstrated financial need. See here for more information.
Mark Katz and Cynthia Hogan welcomed the audience, sharing personal stories of how their time in Oberlin shaped their lives – including meeting each other – and how their business careers have enabled them to have a far greater social impact than they ever imagined.
Oberlin President Marvin Krislov connected Oberlin’s founding and history to our unique brand of entrepreneurship today at LaunchU.
Gene Carr ’82 told the LaunchU story – how the initiative grew out alumni involvement, commitment, and funding.
Matthew Utterback ’95, Oberlin’s Director of Entrepreneurship described how LumenED formed through participation in Oberlin’s Business Scholars, Creativity & Leadership Program, and LaunchU.
Oberlin students Prakash Paudel, Henry Harboe, and Shiva Mandala presented their venture, LumenED.
And, finally, Andy Klingenstein coined the phrase LAUNCHU BABY!